On stand B10 at The OT Show, Repose will be launching the Harlem Porter chair designed to offer a versatile solution for patients
with Huntington’s. Kate Sheehan, one of the UK’s leading independent occupational therapists oversaw trials for the Harlem Porter chair at Rapkyns Care Home with Mike Wooldridge. Repose will also be launching the Coolform Gel cushion and showcasing its range of bespoke adjustable healthcare seating solutions.
The Harlem Porter is a highly engineered chair designed with safety and comfort in mind and robust enough to absorb uncontrolled movements.
Available in 3 sizes, small, medium and large the Harlem Porter has a maximum user weight of 25 stone. Standard features include:
- Independent Back Rest recline with range of angles,
- Seat Angle Adjustment to reduce the risk of a patient falling out due to severe involuntary movements.
- Padded seat for additional safety and comfort with a specifically chosen cushion material that reduces friction and shear caused during excessive movement.
- A choice of 6 interchangeable back styles facilitating different pressure management and posture solutions to meet the demands of long term and changing needs.
- Four different seat cushion options to accommodate different comfort and pressure management solutions.
- High arms designed to provide a feeling of safety and security
- Sliding and padded footplate for ease of patient movement
- Leg block support for additional comfort and support options.
- Drings as standard for fitting of a padded seat belt
- Four heavy duty lockable castors
- A range of specialist health fabrics to choose from
The Repose Coolform Gel cushions use the latest Medical Grade Silicone technology, designed with the user and carer in mind.
The design of the cushion allows pressure to be evenly distributed across the gluteal muscles providing the user with the necessary pressure relief needed and significantly increased comfort. Whatever the user’s body temperature is, the Gel equalises to it to provide a greater feeling of comfort. To ensure the user retains the correct postural support the cushion conforms to the shape of the body and there is no shear or friction when the user’s body is moving due to the use of specially designed gel cells. The unique design of the cushion ensures it meets medium or high pressure requirements while allowing air to flow easily between the air cells. From a hygiene perspective, the new cushions are easy to clean and totally odourless and hypoallergenic.
Repose has also designed the Profile Coolform cushion which includes a pommel to assist users with weak trunk or lower limb muscles who are prone to sliding down in their chair or for users with lower limb spasticity to help maintain hips in the abducted position and in both cases, create a good seating position.
As part of its ongoing commitment to offering Occupational Therapists the best possible seating solutions for their clients, Repose has developed a CPD training programme with Kate Sheehan which will be launched in early 2017. If you require further details email email@example.com
Repose offer a wide range of healthcare seating solutions which are highly used in hospitals, hospices, care homes and other
specialist settings and supplies over 5000 chairs annually.
Working in partnership with healthcare professionals this family business, with over 100 years of combined experience in seating design, continues to refine its seating solutions to conform to the rigorous standards of the healthcare market.
For more information on the range of bespoke adjustable furniture and training available from Repose or to find your nearest retailer call 0844 7766001, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.reposefurniture.co.uk