Over the past year, the team at Dayex have noticed a real trend in customers uplifting their care home bedrooms to encourage private or higher paying residents into their care homes. In a market that is becoming increasingly competitive combined with residents and their families’ standards getting higher, creating great bedrooms can have a real impact on future success.
Uplifting your care home bedrooms doesn’t have to be an expensive exercise. Even small changes that often go missed can have a huge impact on the saleability of the bedroom.
We’ve put together our top 5 tips for getting a premium bedroom look within a budget:
1. Colour: Colour plays a huge role with residents both in assisting in their mood. Pale colours can make areas seem larger and warmer colours make room seem cosier.
2. Wallpaper: Using wallpaper in care homes isn’t a new trend. However, the style and application of wallpaper can have a massive visual impact on uplifting a room, especially when used on the bed head wall. Using subtle stripes or textures on a prominent feature wall and combining it with paint colours that compliment it to add the wow factor.
3. Drapery: Curtains Size and shape are just as important as fabric choice for curtains. You can uplift the look and feel of a bedroom by adding full length curtains. The cost doesn’t have to be high. For example at Dayex we offer eyelet curtains 1.6m x 1.6m for £157 + Vat. Full length curtains 1.6m x 2.2m is only an additional £23 at £180 + Vat.
4. Cushions and bed coverings Cushions and bed coverings can make any divan or profiling bed seem homely and inviting. Quilted bed throws are a great way to add a touch of luxury when combined with a patterned bed runner. Try to mix and match different shapes and sizes of cushions. Try using different colours/fabrics that tie any chair and the curtains together.
5. Accessories It’s the small things that make all the difference. Adding a nice co-ordinating lampshade or a framed mirror can make all the difference in a room. Artwork in bedrooms can make a real impact also.
6. EXTRA TIP – Furniture: Furniture ties everything in the room together. Under-furnishing can make a bedroom seem sparse or empty and over furnishing can make a room feel cramped. Balance is key here. For example, if you have a large room then look at having a bedside table either side of the bed. Perhaps two chairs and a coffee table? Maybe cabinets made from premium materials like real oak. Our Alderbury range is made with oak veneer and instantly adds a premium feel to the room or the unique colouring on our Winscombe grey cream to add a more modern touch.
Dayex® are changing the market from weeks to days with a nationwide 5 day delivery service on furniture and soft furnishings including made to measure curtains. Our service allows both individual care homes and large healthcare groups to refurbish rooms in a much shorter turnaround time. We help our valued customers maximise their care home occupancy, minimise room downtime and reduce revenue lost caused by long delivery times.