As part of Etac R82′s ongoing educational programme, it will be hosting a series of free workshops for professionals responsible for specification and installation of Molift ceiling track patient hoists.
These ‘Overhead Hoisting Problem Solving Workshops’ will be available across the UK early in 2019 and are focused on solving the challenges of hoist specification and procurement. Professional attendees will learn methods to resolve practical problems so the most effective and efficient solution is installed in care homes, hospitals, special schools and rehabilitation facilities.
Exact workshop dates, locations and venues to be confirmed. However, regions will include – Midlands, North West, Home Counties and London.
To register your interest contact Etac R82: Tel: 0121 561 2222 Email:email@example.com.R82.com
The workshops will focus on:
- How to assess for an overhead ceiling track hoist
- What information is critical for a successful survey
- Key positioning points for pick up and transfer
- Considering the needs of the carer
- What is best for the patient/service user
- Practical hoisting scenarios
- Assessing for the correct sling bar
- Mobile hoists vs straight track vs traverse systems
- How to choose and fit the right sling
- Hoisting bariatric clients
- Repositioning in bed using a hoist
About the course leader – Colin Williams. Overhead Hoist Specialist
Colin has worked in the healthcare industry for almost 25 years, with a speciality in moving and handling people. A passionate supporter of effective hoisting, he has provided many solutions to Local Authorities for domestic and social care settings. Colin has vast experience of transfer requirements within special education, care homes and acute wards. He is an IOSH approved trainer in “assisting to move people”.