The annual Care & Dementia Show will open its doors to over 2,500 professionals looking to source new products and services,
share best practice and extend their network tomorrow, Tuesday 11th October at the NEC, Birmingham.
The two-day exhibition will feature around 250 suppliers showcasing the latest solutions on the market as well as a comprehensive educational programme offering 50 free CPD accredited seminar sessions addressing key industry issues. Speakers include: Professor June Andrews; Vic Rayner from the National Care Forum; Nadra Ahmed OBE, Executive Chairman, National Care Association; Jonathan Thompson, Head of Public Sector & Healthcare at Barclays; and Sonia Mangam, CEO, Age UK.
The showfloor will provide a launch pad for many new products and services, including ArjoHuntleigh, AutumnCare, Biodose, Sidhil Ltd, Courtney Thorne, Danfloor UK, DDC Dolphin, Edinburgh Weavers, Furnished Homes, Gainsborough Specialist Bathing and Standex Systems.
Six new features have also been introduced this year:
- Care Managers’ Forum – ten free practical sessions and workshops designed to help care managers make a real difference to the lives of those they are caring for. All sessions are CPD accredited.
- Dementia in Care & Housing – a series of free CPD-certified seminars exploring best practice in dementia care. Visitors can hear the latest research insights whilst networking with residential care experts and dementia care specialists. Virtual Dementia Tour ® – offering a unique insight into the lives of dementia sufferers, to better equip carers in providing the necessary care. This one of a kind mobile simulator takes away the primary senses to experience the fear and frustration dementia sufferers go through on a daily basis.
- Care in Construction – a new zone where visitors can network with and hear from construction professionals, interior designers and care operators working on care-related projects.
- MyBusiness Clinic – offering one-to-one expert advice sessions on a range of topics
including regulations, property valuations, business / management consultancy, finance, HR,
employment law, architecture and planning.
- Care Connect – a new one-to-one meeting programme designed to connect exhibitors and
visitors ahead of the
Chris Edwards, Care & Dementia Show Brand Director, said “With more content than ever before,
and a plethora of new products and services being showcased by exhibitors, this year’s show has
something for everyone. Whether you’re running a care home business, working in homecare,
providing housing for older people, or are constructing buildings for older people – the Care &
Dementia Show is the essential place to be.”
Visitors can register to attend for free at www.caredementiashow.com.